Being involved in a criminal case can be a life-altering experience, with potential for incarceration, fines and other penalties. Your life can be disrupted, placing you and your family under enormous stress and pressure.
Dawson & Meadows engages a large portion of hits practice in the area of criminal defense, representing clients in both state and federal courts in and around Huntington, West Virginia.
Dawson & Meadows are highly respected local attorneys whose attention to detail can make the difference in your case. Being involved in a criminal case can be a life-altering experience, with potential for incarceration, fines and other penalties. Your life can be disrupted, placing you and your family under enormous stress and pressure.
With all this in mind, you need the most effective legal help you can find so that you have the best chance for a favorable result. Dawson & Meadows, is a Huntington law firm that can provide you with diligent and dedicated legal service, protecting your rights, ensuring that you are treated fairly, while taking every measure to help keep the scales of justice balanced in your favor.
Dawson & Meadows handles many types of criminal cases, but some in particular are:
- Drug crimes involving the possession, sale, distribution, manufacture, cultivation, or trafficking of a controlled substance. These controlled substances may include, marijuana, cocaine, crack, heroin, methamphetamines, and other illegal drugs, including the unauthorized use of prescription medicines, such as opiates and suboxone.
- Probation violations. If you have been convicted of a crime and placed on probation, then you are generally subject to terms and conditions of release imposed by the court. If you violate these terms, you may be required to appear before a judge concerning your alleged violation. The court may extend your probation or require you to serve additional jail time. It is important to have a defense attorney that can help you avoid further incarceration.
- Sex crimes are among the most serious of criminal offenses. They not only carry heavy penalties, but have a social stigma attached to them as well. Depending on the nature of the crime, it could require a life time sex offender registration upon conviction. Because of the seriousness of these crimes, you need attorneys who will fight on your behalf.
- Theft crimes can range from minor shoplifting to charges for burglary, carjacking, and armed robbery. Theft also includes things such as white collar crimes, like uttering bad checks, forgery, identity theft, and embezzlement.
- Violent crimes can include any criminal offense which involves the use of force or the threat of force against victims. These crimes include assault and batter, domestic violence, kidnapping, arson, weapons charges, manslaughter, and murder. Violent crimes are heavily punished by the criminal court system and require immediate and diligent attention.
Dawson and Meadows represents clients facing both misdemeanor and felony charges. To find out more about what our firm can do for, contact us at (304)522-8818 to schedule an appointment.